How To Organize A Profitable Trade Show EventDecember 28, 2018
How Music Classes Influences The Overall Development Of Children?January 24, 2019
Imagine a convention centre crammed with hundreds of exhibitors. Each wants to showcase their most significant product in the brightest setting. What happens at this stage? Electricity becomes the most precious commodity and also the scarcest. What everyone needs to bear in mind is that centres generally have not set rules for electricity use.
Mr. Raj, working for https://www.nantech.in/, tells us how power back-up provided by them has been a saviour for one of the companies who took part in a trade show. “We provided power back-up for one of the biggies at a trade show. Unfortunately, the disaster struck and the back-up came to their rescue.
When a trade show is hosted in any location, they create their own guidelines in regards to power and impose them on all exhibitors. In this writeup, we take a look at the most useful tips when it comes to planning the power supply of a trade event.
- Keep a tight control on the access of electricity to prevent mishaps and grievances. For every exhibitor, assign a limited number of power outlets. Try to ensure that the outlets are at convenient locations.
- Advice the vendors to get their own power strips or cords that can extend reach because it is inevitable that right where an outlet is needed it is never there.
- A day or two before, check the entire electrical layout of the venue. Make sure that every corner and wire is in top working condition. Start with measuring the location and monitoring the current electrical placements. This will give an idea of where you, as the event host, need to add in more outlets.
- If you are going to cover the floor or add new flooring, then plan the electricity layout beforehand. It will be laid first and then the ground. Also, test the cords and outlets at this stage, too. It will make sure that you don’t have to unpack the floor if an outlet is not working, and then reinstall it.
- Be extra stringent of the correct placement of wires. An incorrect connection can bring an entire trade show to a screeching halt. Therefore, double check and verify that all is in order and working in a safe condition.
These guidelines were for the event host. Even vendors can employ some pointers to guarantee equal and safe distribution of electricity in a trade show.
- There is a high probability that the coordinate distribute access to power equally among all vendors. In the off chance, you are allotted a smaller number of outlets be prepared. Additionally, politely ask a neighbour if an extension cord can be attached to his/her outlet and shared. The chances of them agree are low, but it never hurts to question.
- ceiling drop
- up from a floor plate
- across from a structural column nearby